Monday, December 7, 2015

Blessings...

The phone rang. It was the radiology department. I had just gone in for a mammogram and they wanted me to come back in. The test was “inconclusive.”

Thinking of my crazy schedule, I asked how quickly I would be able to go in, because it would be easiest for me schedule-wise to get back in there right away. That way I would not have to juggle the whole rest of the week around. She said, “The doctor would like for you to come in today if you can.” (Oh. Alright.) She went on to say that he had also ordered a breast sonogram in addition to another mammogram. (Yes, I’ll be there by 3pm.)

After both tests, the technician asked me not to get dressed just quite yet, and left the room. She returned with the doctor in charge. As he introduced himself, the thought flashed through my mind that he might be about to tell me something very serious.

He quickly told me that he had looked over all of my tests and felt satisfied that they were indeed conclusive now… and that he was very confident… that all was well and there was nothing to worry about. He would forward his findings to my regular doctor and see me in another year for my next annual. “Good news,” he said. I thanked him, then they left the room.

I really hadn’t been worried. It was just that one moment when he came in and introduced himself. I realized that I shared that moment with a whole community of women – who may not have heard, “Good news” afterward. I had a mere brush with that moment. I can scarcely imagine what it must be like…

I’ve been talking a lot about being grateful and counting Blessings lately. As we go rushing around through life and hectic schedules, we often don’t realize how Blessed we are.


This week, I’ll not complain about silly things. I’ll remember how Blessed I am.

I’ll also post this – reminding everyone to MAKE TIME for monthly breast self-exams and yearly mammograms.



"Early detection is so crucial, I consider myself fortunate 
that I found this in the early stages and the prognosis is so promising."
- Joan Lunden

"I am a walking advertisement for early detection."
- Sheryl Crow

"I can't stress enough how important it is 
to get screened and checked for all cancers - and to do self breast-exams."
- Robin Roberts

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment