Monday, March 26, 2012

Today's Miracle...


“Today’s Miracle is tomorrow’s standard.”

Russ heard this from somebody this week and it seems to be true.

Did you ever work so hard at some seemingly impossible task that the end result seemed like a miracle?  Did anyone notice?  Then did they come to expect that kind of performance from you all the time?  Did you expect more of yourself?

Clearly, Russ can lift boulders...


I remember working very hard on songs that I can perform easily now.  I remember feeling Blessed that I had people around me who pushed me to strive for more. 

It’s not just in musical performance.  It applies in any kind of work performance.  What about if you make an absolutely delicious batch of cookies?  Don’t people know you can do it then – and expect that level of deliciousness the next time?  (I know we all anxiously await my mom’s batch of chocolate-mint brownies at Christmastime.)

Chocolate-mint brownies?  (Hint, hint)  Do we really have to wait for Christmas?


Anyway, the point is… well you get the point…

Note to Self: 
Set your standard for yourself high.  Once you get there – set it higher.  Keep going.  You know you can do it – and so does everyone else.



No comments:

Post a Comment