Monday, January 8, 2018

#Buffalove = Good Medicine

Last week there was a condescending doctor, a gym alarm and a Bills playoff game.


First of all - I'm fine. The doctor was not my regular one. My own doctor was out on emergency leave when it was time for my follow-up appointment, and I had to see someone else who I found to be rude and dismissive. My inner self was quieted by my need to get through it - and that SUCKS beyond words. I actually stifled my urge to tell her off, then cried about THAT. In hindsight, I am glad that I wasn't reactive though because now I can tell her off calmly and intelligently. I would not have communicated effectively if I had just lashed out in the heat of the moment. When I Googled the subject, several good articles came up about how to best deal with that kind of situation. Apparently, many people (even other physicians) have had to deal with doctors with an attitude. I WILL voice my opinion to the powers that be at that office. Meanwhile, here are some articles on the subject:




At the gym, I was just wondering if I should head home or continue stretching when the siren started going off. It's amazing how many people continued their workout despite the alarm. After gathering my things and heading to the front door, I saw what the problem was...


A burst pipe had created a waterfall blocking the entrance (or exit). The firetruck was on its way and the alarm could not be shut off until they arrived. I wondered what Dave (recently deceased head of personal trainers) would've said about all that. Moments before the burst, I had whispered to him under my breath, "I miss you Dave." #Interesting

I headed home in time to shower, put a pizza in the oven and turn on the Bills game. (What do you want from me??? I'm not IN Buffalo and can't order my favorite pizza and wings - lol.)


Even though we suffered a disappointing loss, the game brought my spirits back up to where they belong. I was texting other Bills fans from coast to coast as the game played out. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat were filled with fellow Bills fans as well. Fun continued as Zachary and I played the role of football fanatics (until he conked out on me), much to the amusement of Russ and others. It was a very engaging game. There's nothing like a sense of unity and community to lift your spirits. Even when we lost - commiseration could easily be found along with humorous anecdotes. #ThanksBuffalo #ThanksBills #Buffalove


This week the plan is to just keep going! I'm heading back to the gym and keeping it moving.
Love...

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment