Monday, October 10, 2016

The Complaint Department

What if we were our own complaint department? What if every time we complained about anything, we had to answer for it?

I'd like to imagine a world where, instead of complaining, we all DID something toward positive change of the things we don't like. If we're not sure WHAT to do, we would LEARN.

I watched two documentaries this week. One was about Trump, the other about Clinton. They can both be found on demand at CNN.

Click here to stream "All Business: The Essential Donald Trump" and "Unfinished Business: The Essential Hillary Clinton" on CNN On Demand (click on "Shows" in the left-hand column)

How many of us complaining about one candidate or the other have visited each of their websites, or learned more about them, have taken any kind of stand on the issue that we complain about, have written our congresspeople, have volunteered for a cause?



I found myself complaining this week (unrelated to the candidates or the election) and it was not pleasant. I had to make a conscious effort to ask myself what I could do to change my situation. After taking some action toward accomplishing some goals, I felt better. It seems as if to complain is to sit back and put blame on others, while giving our power away to them. We have our own power. We can do SOMETHING. In activating our own personal power, we can generate a more positive outlook within ourselves. If THAT is our state of mind, then we can open up our own creativity and be a part of solutions instead of just being a part of a chorus of complaints.


I'm going to put a complaint box on my dresser. I'll be responsible for what goes in, and I'll be responsible for answering all complaints as well.  #LetsTryIt


Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment